Abodu Studio ADU
Small yard? Big Potential.
The Abodu to fit the tightest backyards. With Abodu Studio, you get full-sized living, kitchen, bath, and cathedral ceilings – compacted to a footprint of just 12′ x 28′, or 340 square feet.
$228,800 or $1,679/mo*
Our pricing is upfront from day one, there are no hidden costs or stress. And with the Abodu Pricing Guarantee, if the cost of your project changes, we guarantee that we don’t profit from the change. We also don’t mark up permitting fees.
This budget includes the following:
- Home visit to ensure that your backyard and an Abodu is a great fit
- Pre-approved plans for the fastest possible permit approvals (we pull the permits for you)
- Completed Abodu (including finishes & appliances)
Standard site work (including foundation, trenching, utility tie-in)
Delivery of the Abodu from our factory to your site
Installation of the Abodu unit on-site, including craning (up to 100 ft.)
- Optimized layout, with dedicated spaces designed for living.
- No-compromise kitchen, with full-size appliances, included.
- Signature cathedral ceilings, and optimized windows for natural light and privacy.
Curated interior and exterior options: La Cantina accordion-style door; combination washer and dryer; six different siding styles.
- 12' x 28'
- Full bathroom
Kitchen with full-size appliances
- Optional murphy bed
- 340 square feet
Our base pricing does not include:
Additional utility trenching beyond 50’
Additional craning distance beyond 100’
Permits & Taxes
Sales tax varies by city and is assessed on the value of the Abodu unit less site work
Permit costs also vary by city, but typically fall within 5 to 10% of the total project price.
We do not mark up permitting fees.
Estimated all-in project costs
Every property is different, but based on projects we’ve completed, you can expect your all-in project cost to be approximately:
Note that permitting fees are allowances and will be passed through to you at-cost.
*90% of projects see between $0 and $25k of custom sitework ($20k on average)